The mission of the CSS Tikkun Olam (Repair the World) Committee is to coordinate acts of community service, social action and Tzedakah. Facilitating the linkage of interested individuals with projects and opportunities will help to benefit the community, both within our walls and beyond.
This web page is the central clearing house for many of the activities and organizations that reflect the objectives.
If you would like more information, please use this page as a guide to contact the appropriate point person(s) listed. To contact the committee, email the CSS Tikkun Olam Committee.
|CSS Bingo||ongoing||Phil Herzbrun||every Monday|
|Thanksgiving Turkey Drive||Nov||Chris Cohan||feed our community|
|Camp Good Days||summers||help at camp|
|NAACP||ongoing||Georg Iggers||Become a member|
|Lee Anthone Child Advocacy Cnt||open||Judith Olin||read|
|Food Pantry||ongoing||Network Relig Commun|
|Chai Friendship Circle||ongoing||Keren Green||Teen volunteers needed|
CSS Member Events
Temple members reach out to the community through many social action projects including:
- Food drives for Thanksgiving (the Thanksgiving Basket Project feeds over 500 families a year) and the High Holidays
- Religious School Pre-Walk Off Hunger for the Food Bank of WNY
- Annual Walk Off Hunger walkathon for the Food Bank of WNY
- Joint activities with neighboring faith communities
- Women’s Torah Study at Weinberg Campus
- Supporting local homeless shelters
- Shabbat Morning Services at Canterbury Woods, monthly
- Support for people who are ill, recently discharged from the hospital, sitting Shiva, or just had a new baby
Please contact the Temple office for more info on any of these programs at 716-633-8877 or send an email.
CSS members are welcome to list the events in which they are personally participating. If you would like to have your information posted, email Tikkum Olam Committee Include: your name, event date, email, the organization, and link to your personal/team fundraising site.
|Dan & Gunilla Kester||ongoing||Shoes for Africa||Donate shoes|